Skip to main content

The Saviour

The street was dusky and busy.

I was walking, without paying attention on anything around me. My eyelids were so heavy and I doubted whether I would reach home safely. I was exhausted with the work loads and its pressure. Being a scientist was my dream, but sometimes the work made me crazy.
I kept my foot forward to cross the road. I saw the shadow of a truck darting towards me. Even though I wanted to move beside, I was late and within seconds it approached me.. I screamed out for help. But the next moment,
SSSPPLLLAAASSHH….
**********************************************
When I opened my eyes I was lying on my couch. I tried to recollect what actually had happened. I pinched my arms to make sure that I was still alive.
“Hey, look here Bella”, I turned my face to the direction of the voice. There was no one at my house. But the voice… 
“Why don’t you take care while crossing the road? “, the question echoed in the hall. I felt strange and had a glance at the room.
A dwarf, with large bulged out blue eyes and green body was standing beside my side. His eyes were not proportionate with his face, even we can’t call it as a normal face. It was triangle in shape nose was just two holes below the eyes.
I felt as if I will faint.
“Bella, don’t get scared. I was the one who helped you.”, the dwarf’s voice was filled with disappointment. I couldn’t believe what he said, being that small creature how could he save me. But the worst part was I had to believe him since I was still alive and was safe at my home.
“Who are you?”, I asked him in an nervous voice.
The reply was just tears, rolling through his so-called-cheeks.
**************************************************
I was busy in my lab. All preparations were done and I rechecked every machines. The dwarf was sitting on a couch, at the corner of the room.
“You are ready right? “, I asked him in feeble voice.  He was the last member of his race, existed on earth. It was miserable for him to live his life, alone. I wanted to help him, as a return for saving my life from the accident. I was about to transfer all human nature to him from me, so that I can make him a human.
Dwarf nodded his head in agreement. I walked near him and kept my hands at his weak arms, I couldn’t believe it was this hands which took me and flew away from the site of accident.
I switched on the machines. Many anxious moments were passed. My eyes were longing to see the human formed from the dwarf. I had set my eyes on the dwarf.
But what surprised me was the green color transmitting to my body and the two eyes getting bulged out of my triangle face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glacier National Park: Day 1- Grinnell Glacier

Glaciers are formed by the repeated snowfalls in winter, and snow melts in summer. When snow accumulates by each passing snow fall, the snow becomes ice and heavy. This causes the mass of ice+snow to move around shaping and corroding the rocks. For this reason the mountains surrounding the glaciers will have very unique shapes, steep drop off points and can have sharp edges. Sad thing though, as temperature increases by global warming, the snow gets time to melt away and glaciers will slowly disappear. I read that, glacier national park had so many glaciers,which now dont even exist.

Glacier National park: Day 2- HighLine Trail

Our plans for the second day at glacier was to drive the 'Going to the sun road', and hike the HighLine trail. Going to the sun road is 50 mile very scenic drive through the mountains. It can be accessed from the east entrance at St Mary or the west entrance at West Glacier. We chose St mary, thinking we could watch the sunrise over St Mary lake when we start the day. The scenic road can be done by park's free shuttle system too. They are free and make stops at all attraction points along the route. Since we had to reach the other side of the mountain, we took our car.  The highest point on the route is Logan Pass which is home to two very beautiful and breathtaking trails, Hidden Lake trail and HighLine trail. The 12 mile HighLine trail is carved through the Garden Wall mountain ranges, you walk through a very narrow trail which is made right through the mountain. Though a lil scary this is a highlight of Glacier National Park.They also have a hand rail hung to the m

La La Land

This is one of the trips that I thought would be a fully urban feel and turned out not to be! La has its own fair share of everything;beaches,canyons,markets,gardens and the posh city life. We reached LA on the night of 26th April. We were staying near to the beaches, so it was a short drive from airport. Once we landed we grabbed dinner and shopped for water and snacks for the rest of the week. By around 10'o clock we were all set to hit the bed.