Skip to main content

The War

I watched him through the small rift of the cell.


He was still awake, without even blinking his eyes. I felt sad. I didn’t want him to be in this situation. He was caged. His appearance was dreadful, but cruelty covered his face.
“Hob”, I called him in a mild voice.
He didn’t seem aware of my presence. He was staring at the wall, a burning look.
People were scared of him, thinking he will change his mind anytime and will attack them. He had no brain. I was sure he won’t do so. But despite of many pleading he was caged.
“I am sorry, Hob”, I muttered though I knew he wouldn’t reply me.
He didn’t like showing sympathy to him. But still I felt so sorry for him.
***************************************************************
It was war.
Hob was standing at the front row of the army, carrying a gun. His gun was fuming, making a blanket of smoke around him. Bullets flew away in all directions from him, leaving none in the other side. His whole body was covered with blood, giving him an appearance of living devil. The caltrops in the ground didn’t affect him at all.
Our team was winning.
I felt so satisfied, for I was the one who sent hob to the front row. I smiled and stood behind hob.
“Lieutenant Commander Arthur, look at that” Someone yelled at me from the battle field.
I pulled my eyebrows together, panicked. Hob was hit. He was falling down.
*****************************************************************
“I can’t keep you in this state Hob”, I dabbed my eyes while saying that to him.
It was hard for me to see him in such a pathetic condition. People were scared of him and I couldn’t convince them.
Though I tried to provoke him, he didn’t respond. He used to greet me, growl at me but now.. He was severely injured and there was nothing that I could do. His silence made me feel even worse.
I padded towards his cage, and cut off the power to him. Hob gave a jerk and fell down.

 I left the room before the glance of hob-my own creation- and the first robot- which participated in a war- lying down on the floor, nauseates me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glacier National Park: Day 1- Grinnell Glacier

Glaciers are formed by the repeated snowfalls in winter, and snow melts in summer. When snow accumulates by each passing snow fall, the snow becomes ice and heavy. This causes the mass of ice+snow to move around shaping and corroding the rocks. For this reason the mountains surrounding the glaciers will have very unique shapes, steep drop off points and can have sharp edges. Sad thing though, as temperature increases by global warming, the snow gets time to melt away and glaciers will slowly disappear. I read that, glacier national park had so many glaciers,which now dont even exist.

Glacier National park: Day 2- HighLine Trail

Our plans for the second day at glacier was to drive the 'Going to the sun road', and hike the HighLine trail. Going to the sun road is 50 mile very scenic drive through the mountains. It can be accessed from the east entrance at St Mary or the west entrance at West Glacier. We chose St mary, thinking we could watch the sunrise over St Mary lake when we start the day. The scenic road can be done by park's free shuttle system too. They are free and make stops at all attraction points along the route. Since we had to reach the other side of the mountain, we took our car.  The highest point on the route is Logan Pass which is home to two very beautiful and breathtaking trails, Hidden Lake trail and HighLine trail. The 12 mile HighLine trail is carved through the Garden Wall mountain ranges, you walk through a very narrow trail which is made right through the mountain. Though a lil scary this is a highlight of Glacier National Park.They also have a hand rail hung to the m

La La Land

This is one of the trips that I thought would be a fully urban feel and turned out not to be! La has its own fair share of everything;beaches,canyons,markets,gardens and the posh city life. We reached LA on the night of 26th April. We were staying near to the beaches, so it was a short drive from airport. Once we landed we grabbed dinner and shopped for water and snacks for the rest of the week. By around 10'o clock we were all set to hit the bed.